Hi there! Like my little “About” page says, my name is Alex. With this being my first post, I figure it’s probably best that I give you some fun facts and information about me, kinda how I would if I were to meet you in person. I will also give you an idea of the content that you will see on my blog. So, with that said, here we go!
- Name: Alexandra (this is just for formal sake, please don’t actually call me this)
- Nicknames: Alex, Alexei
- Age: 21
- Religion: Christian
- Education: Hollins University Class of 2017, Mary Baldwin University Class of 2019
- Career Goals: Theatre/English professor in an undergraduate or graduate program, with a special interest in Shakespeare. An idea that I have recently entertained is pursuing a Ph.D. in Theatre, and then returning to my undergraduate alma mater to help better the theatre program that exists there.
- Life-long Goals: Helping theatre shed its elitist “coat” and help bring change so that theatre can be understood and loved by those who wish to participate or simply enjoy.
- Interests (Outside of theatre, of course): Film, literature – this includes comic books and manga – , video games, furniture restoration, antiquing, poetry writing, space, mythology. (This is all that I could think about at the time)
- Significant other: I’ve been with my fiancé for seven years, going on eight in October. I got engaged on 05/21/2017, the same day I graduated from Hollins.
- Pets: 2 dogs, Daisy and Dixie. They will be frequently shown on this blog.
- Siblings: 7 siblings. 5 of them are step-siblings, 1 is adopted, and 1 is my half-brother. (This is all together, as my parents are divorced and both have remarried)
So, this is just some things for everyone to get to know me. You are all welcome to ask me questions in the comments, and I will try to answer to the best of my ability. Along with blog posts, I may post various poems that I write, and will make sure to tag them as such. I can’t wait to share my thoughts with everyone!